Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone indicator sticker help

Something fell into my iPhone's headphone jack and while attempting to get it out (which I finally did) I accidentally ended up stratching the indicator sticker is my iphone still covered under warranty? Also prior to that happening my phone was and now still is even more so acting up. The touch screen is acting up really bad keeps freezing and hitting wrong buttons/keys. The reason why I haven't taken my phone in yet is well the sticker because I used to be stationed in fort sill,ok and the nearest apple store was Oklahoma City which was almost 200 miles away and I didn't want to drive there and take that chance and get turned down for the fact the sticker I scratched. But now I'm stationed in fort lewis, wa and an apple store is much closer now.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 1:07 AM

1 reply

Jan 20, 2014 11:50 AM in response to Kenziedoll90

Well according to Apple's Guidelines for Damage Classification for iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, and 4S, under where it says "Paid Service" (in yellow), it shows that if the indicator sticker shows pink damage then the phone is not covered under warranty and you would have to pay for service. However, in your situation you stated that you accidentally scratched up the indicator sticker, which is not stated in the picture/link below. Also, since the indicator sticker is just "scratched" and does not show pink, then I assume that your phone should still be covered under warranty, But, since you also mentioned that you were attempting to get something out of the headphone jack, if there is visible signs of "damage" from you trying to get the thing out like, scratches to the jack itself and not the sticker you might also have to pay for service since its classified under "Audio jack damage with foreign material that cannot be removed" even though the foreign object was removed by you, the audio jack may still show signs of damage, and therefore would not be covered under warranty.

Click the image below for a larger view

User uploaded file

Iphone indicator sticker help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.