Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcasts / beatport-CD rips singles/Albums - music errors

Hi,

First post ever on here but its become frustrating now!!

my Ipod Classic (bought in 2010 160gb) seems to not want to play podcasts anymore. I have around 400+ loaded in as well as CD's / mp3s etc. Reently its started to skip various (well first 5) of some singles mp3s i've downloaded from beatport as well as not pkay any podcasts, it seems work if i select them individually but not if i try to listen on the loop by pressing play...

example,

i have 170+ singles ive added to an album called 'beatport' so it keeps them together, added to ipod, goto albums, first 5 skip then it starts playing, if misses them in shuffle mode!

i goto a podcast, into the actual list to listen to one, its fine, go back to the menu, select another group and press play so its continuos, screen show previous podcast i played but with 1 of 0 showing...

This also happens when i listen to a CD/mp3 then go back to podcasts later

I've restored several times, i've held button down several times!

I have added a few podcasts and tracks and still not working.....

now, i'm not sure if this is the problem (originally i worte the above the night before but apple site was down!...typical)

I added podcasts, ejected ipod, tested, all worked fine, i added some albums, same again, fine, added the beatport tracks, tested, fine, added the remained 1000+ tracks from various albums, all fine....

on train to work today, listening to beatport album on shuffle, get to office, go to listen to podcasts via way to play all, FAILS!, jsut shows last track i was listening to with 1 of 0 showing but no other text?....

any ideas or do i need a new one 😟....do you think its my music genre....being trance/progressive house! haha😁

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7, Windows 8.1 laptop, NI Traktor S4,

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 12:34 AM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2014 2:13 AM in response to djben9

djben9 wrote:

....do you think its my music genre....being trance/progressive house! haha😁

Yup... that's it! There would have no problem if you were listening to elevator music. 😁

Okay, seriously.... the first thing to check is if the songs that skip are set to Skip when shuffling. To do this, look in your iTunes Library, highlight one of the skipped songs and select CTRL+I/Options>Skip when shuffling. There should not be a tick in the box. If there is, turn it off. Once you have checked the other suspect songs, Sync the iPod to iTunes for the revisions to be added to the iPod.

Now, Podcasts playing but showing 1 of 0. I have seen that, but it's so long ago, I can't remember what causes it. However, all is not lost.

When iTunes downloads a Podcast - as a Podcast - and puts it into the Podcasts Library, iTunes turns on Skip when shuffling by default. This is very useful, since it means that you don't get a Podcast suddenly being played while listening to your Music Library in shuffle mode (even if it is progressive house).

But this means that if you try to play Podcast while the iPod Classic is in shuffle mode, only one at a time will play. Again, this is useful, since (for some strange reason) the iPod Classic will play Podcasts in reverse date order if you leave it to play in normal mode. (Still with me?) I don't use my Classic for Podcast listening anymore, I prefer my 2nd generation Touch. (Don't get me started on the "podcast app" on a Touch model with later versions of iOS.)

In other words, if you wish to listen to Podcasts (on an iPod Classic) in the correct date order, either turn on shuffle, go into the Podcasts menu and select the episode you want and hey presto, only one will play. Then find and play the next one. Or, create a Playlist, with the Podcast episodes in the order you want, and play the Playlist in normal mode. After one episode finishes, the next on the list will play.

Start with that, and see if it sorts out any of your problems. Then see if any other problems still remain.

What happens?

podcasts / beatport-CD rips singles/Albums - music errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.