Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Tabs not working

I have an iPhone 5 with latest iOS installed, and I have a MacMini with Mavericks.

I have iCloud signed in on both and Safari checked but my iCloud tabs dont seem to be working, I am definately not in private mode on any devices and I have tried signing out and back in again of my icloud on both devices.

This used to work fine when I used an iMac with Mountain Lion.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 2:26 AM

4 replies

Mar 9, 2014 7:14 PM in response to Cliffo88

I have the same problem.

It was working with Mountain Lion, but now with Mavericks, it doesn't work anymore.

I have a iPhone 5 with the latest iOS installed, and a MacBook Air with Mavericks. Using Safari on the iPhone, I can see the new tabs of the MacBook, but on the MacBook, the iCloud tab button always shows a empty box.

With the text: "iCloud automatically shows all the open tabs on your other devices".

It works only one way? Why? How can I fix that?

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2014 2:55 PM in response to BProv

Having the 'reverse' problem - I can see the tabs from my iDevices (two iPads, one iPhone) on my iMac and MBA, but not the other way around. I have 10.9.2. and iOS 7.1 on my devices.

Not in private mode, deleted the icloud.helper, signed out of iCloud, rebooted, cleared caches, repaired permissions.

Nothing happens. This is not 'it just works', Apple...

Mar 15, 2014 8:52 AM in response to NeedNoAlias

First, I followed the instructions here for both the MacBook Air and the iPhone:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5372

I deleted my iCloud account on the iPhone, and reconnected it.

Then in Safari on the iPhone, I tried to activate the private browsing and reactivate it on my iPhone.

In Safari on the iPhone, if you touch the Private (bottom left), if it ask you to deactivate it, then it's in private mode.

Once deactivate, it will still show "Private", but if you touch it, it will ask you to activate it.

So when it's deactivated it now works...

Hope it will help you.

iCloud Tabs not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.