Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam Footage suddenly slided. Why?

Hi,

Yesterday I edited a multicam sequence (now called Project) in FCPX 10.1. It was a lot of work, around 10 hours of editing. When I finished, I quitted FCPX and made a backup via DuperDuper to make sure all that work was safe.

My surprise was today when I launched FCPX, all footage in the sequence-project had been slided (all edits looking into place but with no correspondance in content to what it was), so all edits look wrong!

I went to my backed up file yesterday through Super Duper and same thing! So I wonder if I accidentaly could have moved-slided all footage in the Multicam clips... But how?

In previous FCP versions I would have gone to the Vault and grab a previous saved version but there is not such a feature in FCPX as far as I know...

I am really shocked!

Any ideas, suggestions, much appreciated!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 3:26 AM

4 replies

Jan 8, 2014 2:14 PM in response to cuervoingenuo

I am starting to conclude I might have involuntary moved the footage. I had been selecting multiple clips to paste atributtes using an Intuos 4 Wacom tablet and somehow I think I moved those clips accidentally without realizing... Lesson learnt: no more quitting FCPX without checking everything is in place!

Sorry for the inconvenience! (maybe it can help someone one day though!)...

Multicam Footage suddenly slided. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.