Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s power button defect.

Hi,

I've just got a new, packed iPhone 5s.

I've unpacked it, restored it from my backup copy at iTunes, and noticed one worst think - sleep button isn't working as it should be.

Yes, it rattles, as in other iPhones 5s, but i can tolerate it

The problem is in "pressing feeling" - when button is pressed, there is no "clearly click sound" as in my previous iPhone 4/5, button's move depends on the area where it is pressed (it even not working when press it on the back part) and more over if look at the button in non-pressed condition it could be seen that it is tilted to the back side.

There is no Apple store in my country, so I can't refund it or bring it back. I'm going to fix it by my own. Could You please tell, is it button construction issue? Maybe not tightened screws? Or it will be enough to "correct the button location" inside the iPhone? Does anyone have similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:18 AM

If your lock/power button doesn't work well you can activate AssistiveTouch, that let you to have virtual buttons like volume +\-, home, power, mute/unmute, ecc.:

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > (scroll down) AssistiveTouch > Toggle it.

It's a bit annoying the software button, but you can toggle it by triple clicking home button. In Accessibility, go to the bottom of the page and choose Accessibility Shortcuts and choose Assistive Touch.

I hope I've helped you (in that case rate me).

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2014 7:18 AM in response to Sergiyko

If your lock/power button doesn't work well you can activate AssistiveTouch, that let you to have virtual buttons like volume +\-, home, power, mute/unmute, ecc.:

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > (scroll down) AssistiveTouch > Toggle it.

It's a bit annoying the software button, but you can toggle it by triple clicking home button. In Accessibility, go to the bottom of the page and choose Accessibility Shortcuts and choose Assistive Touch.

I hope I've helped you (in that case rate me).

iPhone 5s power button defect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.