Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes U download problems

When I press the download button on the video I want to download on iTunes U it does not show the stop button, but the space remains empty, and then shows the download button again. I have tried several many solutions but to no avail. I have done a hard re boot, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, clearing up space etc.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 4:40 AM

I'm having the exact same issue (cloud download icon disappears when tapped, no status / stop icon shows, and after a brief pause of 10 seconds or so the cloud download icon reappears). I'm using an iPad Mini Retina. It only appears to happen on iTunes U course videos. I am able to download PDF content associated with the course. One other note - it only began happening about a week ago.

I have two workarounds for the course I'm taking, that aren't ideal.

1) In the catalog there is also a 'collection' which is just the video series. I'm able to download the series. Unfortunately, the annotations and notes I've taken in videos show.

2) When I have an internet connection I'm able to stream the videos. Unfortunately this isn't ideal as I try to watch the videos on a commute. I'd rather not eat up cellular charges when I don't have too and it becomes untenable when the train I ride passes underground.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2014 4:40 AM in response to Klompy

I'm having the exact same issue (cloud download icon disappears when tapped, no status / stop icon shows, and after a brief pause of 10 seconds or so the cloud download icon reappears). I'm using an iPad Mini Retina. It only appears to happen on iTunes U course videos. I am able to download PDF content associated with the course. One other note - it only began happening about a week ago.

I have two workarounds for the course I'm taking, that aren't ideal.

1) In the catalog there is also a 'collection' which is just the video series. I'm able to download the series. Unfortunately, the annotations and notes I've taken in videos show.

2) When I have an internet connection I'm able to stream the videos. Unfortunately this isn't ideal as I try to watch the videos on a commute. I'd rather not eat up cellular charges when I don't have too and it becomes untenable when the train I ride passes underground.

iTunes U download problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.