Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used Apple Configurator to install free MDM app on unsupervised device - How will it update?

In hopes of cutting down deployment time, I am testing Apple Configurator to pre-install our MDM app (Worx Home by Citrix) on the iPhone/iPad. The devices will be unsupervised. I've searched through the documentation and can't find an answer to this question/scenario:

So I installed this App using my MacBook/Apple Configurator using my own Apple ID. What happens when the Worx Home app is updated and the end-user goes to update it? Will they be prompted for my Apple ID password?

If so, that seems a little bit... uh... short-sighted by Apple and very enterprise-unfriendly. There needs to be a way to pre-install a free app, such as an MDM product app, and have the end-user tie that app to their own Apple ID either when they open the App for the first time or update it the first time.

Configurator-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 8:10 AM

There are no replies.

Used Apple Configurator to install free MDM app on unsupervised device - How will it update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.