Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages crashing AND disappeared!

My iOS pages on both iPhone and iPad are still in their respective docks but will only open for a

brief moment and then crash (on both devices). I was going to re-download it but when I looked in my

"Purchased Apps" it was gone. Any suggestions anyone? Thank you.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 9:15 AM

6 replies

Jan 9, 2014 1:43 PM in response to Daisy Newcomb

Daisy,

I bought a brand new iPad mini retina recently and Pages did the same thing as soon as I enabled iCloud for Pages in Settings. I tried reinstalling, rebooting, and could not get it to work. Apple phone support had me Reset All Settings in Settings> General > Reset. That did the trick. I did not lose any data.

As far as it not being in your purchased apps, I am not sure what to make of that. Pages appear in my Purchase Apps. But you should be able to go to the App Store and download it again. It is now free.

Roger

Jan 10, 2014 6:49 PM in response to Daisy Newcomb

Hi Daisy,

The solution was found to my crashing Pages on my iPad mini whenever iCloud was turned on for Pages. When I called Apple Phone Tech Support again, I eventually spoke with a Senior Engineer who could see the files in my iCloud Pages folder. He noticed that two of them were JPEG files, not Pages files. When those were removed, the problem disappeared. I have no idea how JPEG files got into my Pages iCloud folder, but now that they are gone, everything works fine.

Roger

Pages crashing AND disappeared!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.