Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my computer is blinking ?

Hello,

My computer is blinking ? It does works properly but its blinking once a while as 1/4 sec. at approx. every minute, not regularly.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Louis

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 9:51 AM

Hello CanardxPan,

Thank you for asking your question. It sounds like your computer monitor is flickering occasionally. I would recommend resetting your PRAM with this article:

About NVRAM and PRAM

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Resetting NVRAM / PRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

After resetting NVRAM or PRAM, you may need to reconfigure your settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information.

Otherwise would you mind ellaborating on what you are seeing?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2014 9:51 AM in response to canardxpan

Hello CanardxPan,

Thank you for asking your question. It sounds like your computer monitor is flickering occasionally. I would recommend resetting your PRAM with this article:

About NVRAM and PRAM

Resetting NVRAM / PRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

After resetting NVRAM or PRAM, you may need to reconfigure your settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information.

Otherwise would you mind ellaborating on what you are seeing?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Jan 10, 2014 11:04 AM in response to sterling r

Hello Sterling,

Thank you for this detailled and prompt response.

On an another thread (sorry, where ?? sorry, I don't remember), I've read that I may disconnect and reconnect my computer, that may cancel out some static electricity I presum. However, it did work, since I have no more issue regarding blinkings.

I'm having two powerbar switchable, daisy chained (one connect to the other... not good but no choice...1 plug here), clic and clic again, where all my computer's hardware and connected. Eg. 4 external disk LaCie, a home router for all those phone and tv, a wireless router Airport Extreme, a inkjet printer, a teolomio 12v lamp, an Apple screen, my PowerbookPro computer, a battery recharger, a phonebase, a 12v fresnel lamp.... Possibly all those things making some electrical noise...

I've just read your kind mail and did proceed to the Nvram resetting.

At this point, no problem_ Thanks _

The nuisance that I've had was colored parralel lines of about 1/2 inch. appearing in the top third of my Apple Cinema screen for a fraction on a second, eg. 0,3 sec. It appears fews times like once in a while wihin a minute. Sometime the whole screen turns black for a 0,75 sec. and then back to normal. ???

I've tought that I've used the screensaver !!! Nope.

Now, everythings looks fine.

For last hopefully :-)

Thanks Sterling,

Best regards,

Canarxpan

Montreal

my computer is blinking ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.