Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor splitter issue

I share a desk with another teacher. We each have our own iMac, but we "share" a projector. Is there a mini-DVI splitter than I can purchase so we don't constantly have to plug and unplug from the back of each iMac to use the one projector?

Any guidance would be appreciated. We do NOT need to have the same info showing on both monitors simultaneously. It will be either one or the other of us using their computer, but with the SAME projector. I hope that makes sense..

Thanx,

DrDebi

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 4:40 PM

What you need is called a DVI switch. These are electronic switchers that enable you to do exactly what you said you wanted to do - connect two Macs to one projector and switch from one to the other Mac.

The only catch is that all DVI switches that I know of have standard DVI jacks (not miniDVI jacks) so you will probably need a couple of miniDVI-DVI adapter plugs to go with the switcher. Here is one model you might consider.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2014 4:40 PM in response to DrDebi

What you need is called a DVI switch. These are electronic switchers that enable you to do exactly what you said you wanted to do - connect two Macs to one projector and switch from one to the other Mac.

The only catch is that all DVI switches that I know of have standard DVI jacks (not miniDVI jacks) so you will probably need a couple of miniDVI-DVI adapter plugs to go with the switcher. Here is one model you might consider.

Monitor splitter issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.