Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I fix Carbonite Mail Restoration Mess?

Hey folks,

When I installed Mavricks I lost all of my emails that were stored on my Mac. I've been using Carbonite as a backup and was able to download their "restoration". What came back is a mess. After hours chatting with Carbonite support they basically said that the problem was Apple's not theirs.

Needless to say, for some foolish reason, I though the restoration would come back as something that was similar to what had been lost. This is NOT the case. I get the files in a format something like this:

Mailbox Name

Data

Message (with 1 email)

Message (with 2 emails)

Message (with 4 emails)

This is one of the simpler ones with a total of only 7 emails. Some have over a hundred or more emails stored in a similar fashion. I've tried several things to simplify these mailboxes to no avail. Deleting the subfolders deletes everything in the mailbox.

I suppose I can live with all the clutter, but has anyone experienced this with Carbonite Mail restoration? As I said, the folks at Carbonite just dropped the problem in Apple's lap........... hard to argue with that since the Mavericks installation lost all the files in the first place. So cool, now I find that both Mavericks and Carbonite leave me disappointed.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 10:53 AM

There are no replies.

Can I fix Carbonite Mail Restoration Mess?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.