Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

large amount of photos/events/albums missing in iPhoto

OS 10.6.8

iPhoto 11

Hey all my wife just alerted me to the fact that we are missing up to 20,000 photos plus all of the related events and albums. I checked my time machine and it seems to only have backups for 2013 (completely blank after that), don't ask me where the previous 6 years went .... I also tried the command+alt iPhoto rebuild but it only did the "new" iPhoto library. Could the "original" library be hidden somewhere?

iMac

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 10:46 AM

2 replies

Jan 8, 2014 11:36 AM in response to ethan 79'

What system and iPhoto versions are you running? Where is the library located? How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Since the rebuild with iPhoto didn't work try with iPhoto Library Manager:

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button,

User uploaded file

and select the library you want to add from those in the selection window.

• Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option

• User uploaded file

• In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note 1: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost.

Note 2: Your current library will be left untouched for further attempts at a fix if so desired.

OT

large amount of photos/events/albums missing in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.