Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s iOS 7 "No AirPrint Printers Found," even though Lexmark CS310DN is on the AirPort approved list

Hello everyone...

I set up a Lexmark CS310DN printer on my home network using an AirPort Extreme router. It is on the AirPort capable list from Apple.

The Lexmark CS310DN is connected to the USB port on the router.

The AirPort Extreme Setup Guide says that when you connect a compatible USB printer to your AirPort Extreme, supported computers on the network (wire and wireless) can print to it. But it says nothing about if an iPhone or iPad can print to it.

If Lexmark CS310DN is on the approved AirPort supported list, shouldn't the iPhone and iPad be able to access it?

I have two PC's connected via ethernet cable and a MAC connected wirelessly. They all print.

When I try to connect with my iPhone 4s or iPad 2, I get the "No Airprint Printers Found" error message.

I scoured through the Apple Support Communites and have tried the following with no luck:

1. Updated the Lexmark CS310DN with the latest firmware.

2. Checked to see if printer power was on.

3. Is connected to the same WiFi network as the iOS devices.

4. Has paper and toner.

5. No error messages on the printer display.

6. Unplugged the AirPort Extreme, turned off printer and computers and the "Forget this Network " on the iPhone & iPad.

7. Checked AirPort Extreme to see if it's running the lastest firmware. It is.

8. Reset the iPhone and iPad. Both using the latest iOS 7 software.

9. Checked to see if the USB cable was working by hooking it up to another device. (It was working.)

10. Turned on the printer, plugged the AirPort Extreme and waited for the green light. Turned on my computers and rejoined the network with the iPhone/iPad.

11. Re-checked to see if the Lexmark CS310 was AirPrint compatable. It is.

12. Tried to troubleshoot with Lexmark support, which basically are the same steps as above.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or found a solution for getting the iPhone 4s and iPad 2 to print using AirPrint?

Thanks in advance for the help.

(PS... please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong area and where I should be posting this.)

iTunes 10.5 and iPhone 4S 16GB Blac-OTHER, Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit Premium Home Ed

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 10:44 AM

2 replies

Jan 8, 2014 1:17 PM in response to illbeback

The problem is that your printer is connected to the router via USB. iOS printing requires that the printer be connected to the wifi network either wirelessly or via an ethernet connection.

There is more information here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

including this:

AirPrint printers connected using Bluetooth or shared through a USB port of a Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule are not supported.

I hope that helps.

Jan 11, 2014 8:42 AM in response to illbeback

rbii has it spot on ➕. I was experiencing the same problem with an Epsom airprint printer. I could pick up the printer wirelessly via the Epsom App and via the printers own e-mail address however all my apple products couldn't. I disconnected the printer from the computer as I was using a USB lead to allow printing from the computer and immediately my apple products could locate the printer. You would expect Apple to be able to overcome this minor sharing connection. 😕

iPhone 4s iOS 7 "No AirPrint Printers Found," even though Lexmark CS310DN is on the AirPort approved list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.