Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Messages

Messages is sending all of my messages to my husbands phone instead of to his laptop...doing the same with other contacts as well. How do I get my messages to go to his laptop so I can effecitively continuting to bother him at work?

Help anyone?

(my first apple support question ever!)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 10:16 AM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2014 2:33 PM in response to Kristin Rios

Hello Kristin,

Thank you for the question! There are a couple of things we would need to do to set this up on your husband's MacBook Pro.

The feature to send and receive iMessages became available with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later, so first, I recommend checking the version of OS X on his MacBook Pro to see if his Mac will support this. You can follow the steps in the following article to check the version:

Finding your OS X version and build information

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1633

Next, confirm your husband is signed in with the same Apple ID in Messages on his iPhone and Mac and verify that his phone number is checked on the Mac:

On iOS devices, find out which addresses are enabled with FaceTime and iMessage by tapping:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You can be reached by iMessage at:

On OS X, find out which addresses are enabled:

In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences > Accounts.Select iMessage in the left column. Your contact preferences should appear under "You can be reached for messages at:."

User uploaded file

You can find this and more information in the following article:

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5538

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Trouble with Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.