Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s will not charge in USB in car

I recently switched my old iPhone 4 for a new iPhone 5s. The only problem I've had is that now my 5s will not charge in my 2013 Ford Explorer. I can still charge my old iPhone 4, my wife's 4s & my daughter's 5. However, my 5s will not charge via the in car USB or the standard outlet found in the vehicle. When I plug the 5s into the USB it does give my the "lightning bolt" showing that it is charging. However, it will not gain a charge. When I plub into the standard outlet it won't even show that it is trying to charge. Any insight is helpful. And yes, I'm using an Apple charging cord. ?????

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 12:01 PM

5 replies

Jan 12, 2014 8:01 PM in response to gatorphin

I'd just like to chime in and say that I'm having the same issue with my 2013 Ford Fusion. I plug in via USB for music, but it doesn't appear to charge. I drove for an hour, and it didn't budge from 7%. I'm probably going to use the cigarette lighter for now (if that works), but this is an inconvenience. Oh, and this is a 5s. I previously had a 5, which had no issues in this regard.

iPhone 5s will not charge in USB in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.