Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts can't connect to the account "Yahoo!".

I have a yahoo account and I check my emails using the Mail app that comes with my MacBook Air.

For some reason, Contacts can't connect to the account Yahoo. It keeps popping out a little window that says:

Enter the password for the user "myemail@yahoo.com"

Password: [ }

I have entered my password over a dozen times and it tries to connect. A few times the little windows keeps coming back and I have tried re-entering the password. I have checked and double check I enter the right password. Then other times, it comes the same little window but a different message. The window is tittled: The operation could not be completed and under that it says: No other information is available about the problem.

I have also gone to Preferences for Contacts and then click on "Edit Account...". When I do that, the "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" window opens. Next to my Yahoo account I click on "Details". When I do that, a Yahoo little window opens displaying my email address and below there are 3 boxes. First one has my name. Second one has my password. I have tried re-typing my password over a dozen times. Then finally, the last box says Description and there I have Yahoo!

I hope someone knows what is my issue or if there is an issue between Apple and Yahoo where they don't talk to each other well.

Thank you

James

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Contacts can't connect to Yahoo…...

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 3:17 PM

5 replies

Jan 8, 2014 7:45 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you Linc for looking after my post.

I checked in my Yahoo account under:

Set up your second sign-in verification

Back to account info

Protect your account

Second sign-in verification adds an extra level of protection to your account. Learn more

and I currently don't have that option activated.

Can you elaborate as where or how can I find out where I could have activated a 2-step verification.

Thank you

James

Jan 14, 2014 12:00 AM in response to Linc Davis

Linc Davis wrote:

You would know if you had activated it.

Try deleting the account in the preference pane and adding it back. You'll be prompted to keep or delete your Yahoo contacts. Choose "delete." They'll still be on the server (if the server is working properly, which it may not be.)

I'm having the exact same symptoms -- but with an iCloud account.

This is a clean install of Mavericks. I did not copy over any prefs files, and I never had these problems in Mountain Lion.

Internet Accounts says it "can't connect to the account," but won't accept the password (which I know is correct). In fact, the iCloud account (bearing the same name and an iCloud icon) works just fine. But this problem account is a mysterious, additional one, which I never added, and which has a Contacts icon.

If I attempt to delete it, it disappears for 10 seconds, then reappears. (In fact, there are two of these "mystery" accounts, and they both behave identically. I can't delete them, and I can't enter their passwords.

When I select either account, I see: Server Address: (null)

Might that be a clue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.