Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viber desktop making clicking noise

Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro early 2011 15 inch. There are times when my macbook is using Viber it makes clicking sounds ONLY when sending or receiving messages. I've never heard these clicking noises when using other programs. My macbook also has an SSD, so i don't know if this is related to the macbook clicking noise with HDD's. Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 2:42 PM

Hi there,

Sounds strange, we'd like to investigate this issue, can you please open a support ticket.

Thanks!

<Link Edited By Host>

26 replies

Mar 5, 2014 2:06 PM in response to theViberTeam

I can't find the ticket on the Viber support page, but this is also happening to me. The interesting thing is that my audio output is set to my bluetooth headset, but I still hear the popping through the speakers. What's more interesting is that the noise sounds like the computer chassis flexing, but clicking, typing, doing other stuff doesn't result in the pop when in other programs.

What made it really obvious to me was when I made an outgoing call, instead of having the ring either over the speakers or in my headset, the speakers would pop instead.

I'm also running a 15" MBP (Mid-2010) on 10.9.2 (Build 13C64). My Viber version is 4.0.3.

Apr 15, 2014 12:50 PM in response to johnu089

Hi

I have the same problem with my 15" MBP mid 2010, OS X 10.9.2 and Viber 4.1.0.

I never had the problem on mountain lion.

at first it was only on viber once in a while, but now there are times it take up to 10 minutes after I switch from viber, with clickig sound still being played when I change the volume.

I see the post is from Jan but I couln't find any soloution for it on web yet.

Apr 25, 2014 6:08 AM in response to ferenzy

same here,

same sound,

i just became aware now that the source of strange sounds was viber

the same sounds as the sample above, from lamsababa

macbook pro 17'' mid 2009

mavericks 10.9.2

viber 4.1.0

i disabled the audio notifications in viber, and it's quieter, i guess, not sure for now

It's really annoying,

probablly resetting PRAM and SMC would help,

I will try it today

Apr 29, 2014 12:41 AM in response to johnu089

I'm pretty certain we're not looking at a hardware issue here - it doesn't sound like it's hardware related.

I've never used Viber, but my guess would be that it's software based and is like the old MSN Messenger notifications; the clicking is alerting you to a contact logging on / off, a message incoming etc.

Have any of you tried looking at the Preferences settings and checking to see if there are any sound preferences?

Apr 29, 2014 7:00 AM in response to adamfromfrome

Yeah, we know it's not a hardware issue. My reason for reporting it here is to see if I was the only one who had this problem. Seems like there are more people who have an issue.

For those of you who have run into this issue, open a support ticket to Viber:

http://support.viber.com/customer/portal/emails/new

They're obviously not reading these forums, so let's bring it to them and have them fix it.

Apr 29, 2014 7:10 AM in response to Michael Ho

Just got a reply from Viber:

Hello Mike,

The sound you are hearing when you send or receive messages is an issue that Apple computers are known to have when they wake up from sleep mode. Unfortunately, until Apple corrects this issue, we are not able to offer a guaranteed solution.

In the meantime, we can suggest the following:

1. When your computer wakes up from sleep mode, use an application that requires sound (such as iTunes). This should reboot the sound drivers

2. Disable power nap/sleep mode on your computer

3. Take a look at Apple forums around the web that discuss power nap and sleep mode

Please let me know if any of the above have solved the problem.

Best regards,

Amie B.

Supervisor

Viber Support Team

The fact that no other app have this issue though....

Viber desktop making clicking noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.