Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ongoing permission repair problems --- is there a way to prevent or limit them from happening?

I seem to have Ongoing permission repair problems; I repair them (and there's lots to repair) and then not even a week or two later I check permissions and again huge repair job needed. Any idea why this keeps happening? Am I chasing symptom of larger/different issue?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:07 PM

The best thing for you to do is stop repairing permissions unless you are getting permissions errors relating to system files.

You are presently getting what sound like recurring but innocuous messages you can safely ignore. But unless you post something here to see, we have no clue what you are seeing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2014 7:07 PM in response to azhar

The best thing for you to do is stop repairing permissions unless you are getting permissions errors relating to system files.

You are presently getting what sound like recurring but innocuous messages you can safely ignore. But unless you post something here to see, we have no clue what you are seeing.

Ongoing permission repair problems --- is there a way to prevent or limit them from happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.