Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to limit sharing of selected playlists in iTunes

I am able to successfully share my entire iTunes library from my primary computer to my other computer and my apple devices. I want to only share my music but not movies, photos, podcasts, books etc. I have selected the music and the playlist I wish to share from within Edit/Preferences/Sharing in iTunes.

I even tried putting on a password.

My other computer and devices see everything. They do not even need to enter a password.

How can i actually limit what the other devices and computer see in my shared library? Is there a file i need to delete or a setting that needs resetting?

If i rename me shared library from my primary computer this new name appears in my devices along with the older name. Also, everything is visible from them too. Nothing i do seems to restrict my computer and devices from seeing only the music i wish them to.

Any suggestions???

iCloud-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:04 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to limit sharing of selected playlists in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.