Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth scan gun, and an iPhone...

I have a co-worker at work who uses her new iPhone 5S to play music thru a little bluetooth speaker she got. We are a warehouse so we have scan guns that are apparently bluetooth too. Today one of the workers said "Hey, I can connect to "Moms iPhone" on my scan gun." Sure enough there it was.

So the lady who is using the iPhone with her Bluetooth speaker says her iPhone is named "Moms iPhone". So shes afraid someone can connect to her phone and rack up huge data bills by using her bluetooth...

Is this even possible?

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:59 PM

3 replies

Jan 9, 2014 10:25 AM in response to Damballa

you can always block them

The easiest way to block someone is using their contact. Open the contact info of who you want to block and then scroll to the bottom of the screen.

You will find a button to block them. Pressing this button will prevent the person from being able to call you, send you text messages, or reach you over FaceTime.

They don't have to be in your contacts to block them. If they’ve recently contacted you.

Access a person’s contact through the lowercase ‘i’ in a circle icon.

Look for the block option at the bottom of the page.

Remember, the person will know that you've blocked them.

They will hear a few rings interrupted by a busy signal.

If it's a text, it will look like it was delivered. If you’re sending an iMessage it will show delivered like normal, but won't show or alert you.

If someone you’ve blocked tries to FaceTime you, they’ll see the normal connection, but you will never receive anything and it rings on their end forever.

bluetooth scan gun, and an iPhone...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.