Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you remove a virus from iphone4

My iPhone has a virus I don't know where it got it from and I'm afraid my computer will catch it if I do a system restore. If I reset it from general settings will it get rid of it..? First time using an iPhone and in scared

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:44 PM

8 replies

Sep 4, 2015 7:17 AM in response to Kappy

Clearly you're wrong because I too have an issue and my iPhone has never been jailbreaked. Instead of saying stupid remarks, how about some real answers?

First off, our phones are not jailbroken. The following message keeps popping up on my wife's iphone 4: "VWD cannot verify the identity of br1iv.myvzw.com" with the 3 choices:Cancel;(cancels it temporarily)Details;(Says it's a BAD website)Continue,(I don't dare press this one), randomly. Even when not in use. Safari is not in use. This makes me think it has a virus or malware of some sort.How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for your help!

Sep 4, 2015 8:02 AM in response to bobgustx

I'll repeat what Kappy said (almost 2 years ago) so you understand it.

There are no know viruses that can affect an iPhone that has not been jailbroken, period.

The message you are seeing has nothing to do with a virus.

This is an issue directly related to the website you are visiting, by the looks of it Verizon Wireless. You can try clearing the Safari cache, by going into Settings->Safari->Clear History and Website Data. Then close Safari, by double clicking the home button, and swiping the screen shot up and off the screen.

Open Safari, and try again.

And I will say it one more time, It is not a virus. There are no known viruses that can affect non-jailbroken iPhones.

Sep 4, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Phil0124

Okay thanks for your help.....on another note....all viruses are unknown until they're discovered. But I also asked if it could be malware or is that equally unknown? There used to be very few iPhone devices but their popularity have increased to a volume equaling desktop computers running windows. So, hackers will be targeting Apple's iOS eventually.

Regards,

B

Sep 4, 2015 11:39 AM in response to bobgustx

bobgustx wrote:

Okay thanks for your help.....on another note....all viruses are unknown until they're discovered. But I also asked if it could be malware or is that equally unknown? There used to be very few iPhone devices but their popularity have increased to a volume equaling desktop computers running windows. So, hackers will be targeting Apple's iOS eventually.

Hackers have been trying for years. However, owing to the way iOS is set up, so that apps are isolated from each other (called "sandboxing"), it's very difficult.

Sep 5, 2015 9:25 AM in response to bobgustx

bobgustx wrote:

all viruses are unknown until they're discovered.

That's the point, so far, none have been discovered that can affect non-jailbroken iOS devices . So even if there existed one, since no one knows about it, then how do you classify it as a virus? Or better yet, how would you expect to remove it in the remote chance you actually have it?

No viruses that can affect iOS devices currently are known to exist. . When one comes to light, you can be sure it will be pretty loudly broadcast.

How do you remove a virus from iphone4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.