Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I buy explicit song on iTunes.

I wanted to buy a song that was explicit but, the norton you press to purchase the song is gray and I CANNOT buy it. I don't know what is going on please help me ASAP.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 9:40 PM

17 replies

Jan 31, 2014 1:25 PM in response to Iphonehelp123

Whenever I go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Allowed Content>Music and Podcasts it always says "clean" and it's greyed out. It doesn't matter if I have restrictions enabled or not.

Although, I just realized from another post that this may be because I recently had to add a profile for work and I imagine they've blocked explicit content.

Thanks,

t

Jun 30, 2015 6:43 PM in response to Yregkvff

i had the same problem after updating my iphone 5s to iOS 8.4. This is how i fixed it:

Go to Settings => General => Restrictions

Turn on Restrictions

Under Allowed Content you'll find Music and Podcasts. Set this to Explicit.

Turn off Restrictions

Now you can listen to and buy explicit music again. But it seems that this does not work on all devices.

Hope this helps.

--w

Why can't I buy explicit song on iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.