Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the Macbook Air support Logic Pro X?

I've been looking into Logic Pro X, as it seems to be a very common music producing software for Macs. I enjoy making music, as a hobby, and it would be really helpful if someone could explain to me, in detail, about this; that'd be great! Anyways, is the Macbook Air with 4gb be enough to support Logic Pro X? I'm aware that, since it's a music software, it'll use a lot of memory but is 4gb of RAM enough? I knew I should've paid the extra and got it upgraded to 8gb or even went for the Macbook Pro instead but it is what is. If there is one plugin I would download if I got Logic, it would be Nexus which may take a good chunk of it (just to throw that out there). Someone please help!!!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 9:34 PM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2014 9:41 PM in response to bmfuturepharmacist

First, let me say I have never used Logic Pro X. So take these answers with a grain of salt.

See "What are the system requirements for Logic Pro X?" here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5812

If you are in the U.S., and it is convenient for you to visit an Apple Store, I believe many of the Macs displayed there contain Logic Pro X so you could give it a quick try. Maybe you could try it on a computer much like yours hardware-wise.

Can the Macbook Air support Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.