Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air

Got the new iPad Air....loving it! or so I thought!

So my pass code will not work anymore. It doesn't error out after trying 6 times like I've heard people mention. It doesn't do anything. You type in the pass code number (which I DID NOT CHANGE) and it shakes......the little numbers shake.

So I see advice on here to plug into your home comp..... login into iTunes. Do a restore iPad.

Well guess what? I immediately get a message that tells me that I can't restore my iPad with the Find My iPad App running on my iPad!

It then gives me the Expert Advice to just go to my iPad and in the iCloud settings.....shut off Find MY iPAD.

Seriously!

You want me to open the iPad I can't open and shut off the Find My iPad APP.

Would you kindly explain how I might go onto my iPad that is LOCKED AND WON'T LET ME IN? (ALL CAPS to emphasize my frustration...please don't take it personal)

Also, now that I have plugged in my iPad to my computer and opened iTunes....I can see the apps on my iPad and guess what?

I don't have an APP AT ALL CALLED FIND MY iPAD. I see one that says Find My iPHONE!! But not iPAD.

And question two: Is this really happening to me right now?.....I feel like I'm on a hidden camera show here.

Astounded at APPLE'S very own advice here.....or am I missing the boat entirely?

Anybody's help would be a gift from above.

HellaGrafiX@Me.com

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 10:22 PM

11 replies

iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.