Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Files From Audio File Question

Let me see if I can get this right. When I launch a track to record ( I do voice-overs) and before closing Logic I save that just recorded track, does that mean that track is "active?" And if I go to the audio files and trash the unwanted past recorded files, and I include the track that is still active, is that the reason when I go back to Logic and launch it I get that dialogue box with skip, skip all, serach, etc. that ( for the sake of the question) New Track VO#24 can not be found because it is missing from the audio file, is that the reason it doesn't open right onto the track? Am I clear? Maybe what I need to understand is if I elect to save a track but trash it, ( taking all tracks from the audio file in Logic, and putting it in the trash) when I go back to relaunching Logic it's gonna always show me the dialogue box, and not directly open to the track because it's looking for that active track. Any one who can help me, appreciate the answer.

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 12:18 AM

9 replies

Jan 9, 2014 6:47 AM in response to Eriksimon

Thank you so much for responding, but I am such an Logic Pro idiot, I have a follow up, Where is the audio bin?

In Logic I see in Music, I see files labeled audio files, bounces, fade files, project file backups. The reson for my original question, is, to unclog space on my hard drive, I have gone into audio files, and dragged those aif files I don't need anymore, into the trash. Are we taking about the same area? Or should I be trashing with Logic open and going to file or edit. I have it open but don't see audio bin. Thanks for helping this illiterate.

Jan 9, 2014 11:00 AM in response to Peter Reznikoff

Peter Reznikoff wrote:

Thanks...solved. Between your help and a youtube video. But as I told you I am illiterate, so let me get this staight one more time: in the bin if I go to edit, and select used, those are the files, I no longer need and can be trashed, where as unused are files that are still active. Or is it the other way around.

It's the other way around.

Unused files are files that are not used, so you can ditch 'm. Used files are files that are being used,so you should not throw those away.

Jan 9, 2014 10:21 PM in response to Eriksimon

Eriksimon: Thanks for have the patience to deal with inability to understand these Logic Audio files. Ok, I understand about deleting unused files from the audio bin. But I have completed a VO job. I'm finished. No longer need those files. I went to the audio bin. I deleted everything because I no longer need the files for this gig. Audio bin is a blank now. Yet if I go into the Logic Folder, in music, under audio files there are the files I just recorded a few hours and days a go. Why are they there? if I have deleted tracks for the audio bin, shouldn't those tracks I still see, have been in the bin, which I just deleted? All I just want, is to be sure my hard drive isn't taken up with unwanted space. In this case the aif files still in the Logic Folder. Not getting it. Nothing is active, until I record a new set of files. Have no use for the files I still see.

Deleted Files From Audio File Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.