Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone app and original remote not working???

Hi,

About a half hour ago, I turned on my AppleTV (1st Gen.) using the iPhone app.

I scrolled up but the cursor on the screen moved down one space and stopped working.

The AppleTV remote won't work either.

I have it a few minutes but it hasn't worked, so I unplugged the device.

The remotes still aren't working and the AppleTV has restarted by itself twice.

Can anyone help?

I can't find anything on google.

Cheers

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 1:21 AM

4 replies

Jan 9, 2014 3:41 AM in response to NeddySeagoon

Possibly.

We are now down to one Apple TV 1, we had 5 at one time, they have slowly been replaced by the later versions of which we now have 6. The later versions have many more features and are totally reliable, however I prefer the way the Apple TV 1 organised movies and TV shows much better and have no plans to change our last Apple TV 1 unless it fails or Apple sort out their content organisation on their current models.

However the Apple TV 1 does have the occasional hiccup, it seems to pause (as noted above) when the library needs updating (especially if that update involves a lot of syncing of new content), it also seems to restart itself every couple of months or so, this can be at any time but is most often when a library update is occurring at the same time as starting a streaming movie.

iPhone app and original remote not working???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.