Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement battery iPhone 4s

Can anyone advise me where Can I get a GENUINE Apple replacement battery for an iPhone 4s?

I am and electronics engineer and well qualified to fit my own battery. I am reluctant to use a 3rd party battery or let Apple charge me ÂŁ70 to do a 5 min job. The Apple store in Sheffield say take it to a retailer and let them do it (ÂŁ70), but they won't sell me the battery. The Phone is out of warranty.

Thanks

Dennis

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 2:05 AM

12 replies

Jan 23, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Erratick

Erratick wrote:

Just installed battery I got from Amazon for the 4S. Once installed the phone restarted every 5 minutes or so. I re-installed original battery and problem went away. The cheap batteries on amazon claim to be OEM, but are clearly not, they are substandard and are certainly not genuine.

That would be because Apple does not sell parts. Any "OEM" iPhone parts for sale would either be counterfeit or, at best, salvaged from old iPhones. Sorry it was a lesson you had to learn the hard way.

Best of luck.

Jan 23, 2015 2:45 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Erratick wrote:

Just installed battery I got from Amazon for the 4S. Once installed the phone restarted every 5 minutes or so. I re-installed original battery and problem went away. The cheap batteries on amazon claim to be OEM, but are clearly not, they are substandard and are certainly not genuine.

That would be because Apple does not sell parts. Any "OEM" iPhone parts for sale would either be counterfeit or, at best, salvaged from old iPhones. Sorry it was a lesson you had to learn the hard way.

Best of luck.

Great minds work together...............🙂

Jan 23, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Erratick

Apple do not sell spares. The only way to get a genuine Apple battery is to send your phone to Apple and have them replace the battery. You have discovered the problem with alternatives. What you may not have discovered is now you have installed a non-Apple battery in your iPhone, you have lost all future support from Apple, including the lifetime out of warranty replacement service should your iPhone fail at any time in the future.

Jan 23, 2015 2:55 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

ChrisJ4203 wrote:

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Erratick wrote:

Best of luck.

Great minds work together...............🙂

Apparently tonefox is in the club, too!

Jan 23, 2015 3:18 PM in response to tonefox

I am aware that this was not a genuine apple part, I was however hopeful that it would at least perform similarly since it claimed to be manufactured to Original Equipment Manufacturer specs. I just wanted to warn people who might be mislead by the previous posts in this thread. Phone is outdated and will be replacing once it dies, was only looking to get a bit more life out of it.

Replacement battery iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.