Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro USB Hubs no longer working

Hello Apple Support.

My 13" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro (Running OSX Mavericks) is having some odd issues recently. I have 2 USB 3.0 hubs. One of them works perfectly fine, the other doesn't work at all. I've plugged everything from mice to USBS's, but the computer doesn't recognise them nor show up in the System Report (Apple>About this Mac>More Info>System Report>Hardware>USB)

I have already tried resetting the PRAM/VRAM to no avail.

I stumbled across this problem as I have previously bootcamped my mac with Windows 7 Ultimate. However when I woke up I saw that my corded mouse was not working. I restarted my MacBook Pro into OS X, and identified that 1 one of USB ports is faulty, the other perfectly fine.

Yes, I have tried restarting (it was the first thing I did), but the problem persisted.

Could it be a physical problem? What should I do now?

Regards

Andrew

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 3:30 AM

4 replies

Jan 9, 2014 3:53 PM in response to dominic23

I just resetted the SMC however my USB Ports still do not function at all.

Just to be clear that I resetted my SMC correctly, this is what I did.

1. Shut down my MacBook Pro

2. Make sure my MagLite Charger is plugged in.

3. While the computer is off,I held on the left side, Shift+Control+Option+the power button.

4. I held this for 4-5 seconds

5. I released and turned on the power button to boot up with a resetted SMC.

Is there anything I did wrong, because my USB Port still does not work at all.

Regards

Andrew

MacBook Pro USB Hubs no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.