Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes not showing up in piano roll

I use LPX 10.0.6 and it's already the second project I experience had this bug.

After creating multiple tracks with multiple regions I'm not able anymore to see the notes in the pianoroll.

What should I do and am I the only one with this problem?

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Mac Mini 2012

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 8:56 AM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2014 4:29 PM in response to SPJPGRD

I already deleted the project and had to copy all the channel strips to a new project, together with the midi data.

There's no need for a screenshot, just when I clicked a random midi region, nothing showed up in the piano roll. Trust me, I know how to find the piano roll window 🙂

And in my new project I experienced again some bugs, all my Nexus synths suddenly used another patch, and I didn't do anything that copying midi data from the one project to the other.
When I got this fixed a new bug appeared.

The slider of a track was moving very fast a few dB up and down, although no such automation was programmed. I deleted the region and started all over, this time it was ok.

THis is really to cry, I can't work like this. Dunno if it's Mavericks or Logic that got the bugs, all I know it's frustrating.

Jan 9, 2014 5:26 PM in response to groovy_wim

So of what you are describing... sounds very much like a controller issue as I am not experiencing any of the issues you are describing here with 10.0.5 (and not 10.0.6) especially the bit about the track vol moving up and down quickly... Maybe an iOS controller app or a hardware controller you have connected..

To test.. power down (and not just put to sleep) your iPad/iPhone.. and unplug any Midi keyboards/controllers and test using the Musical typing keyboard with a new project and see if any of these behaviours reappear.. If not, you know what to look for...

Oct 7, 2015 10:50 AM in response to groovy_wim

Hey Groovy, I am really late to this discussional party, so my apologies, but I was just having the same problem and I may have discovered the solution; you probably have moved on by now, but in case anyone else finds this thread with the same question like I did, it turned out to be an issue of simply clicking the "link" button- the little button that looks like to chain links, above the piano roll, to the right of all the buttons that appear on the top toolbar on the left side by "Edit," "Functions," and "View." If that button is yellow, I see notes. If it's turned off, I don't.

notes not showing up in piano roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.