Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email not deleting, please-please-please help if you can!! Desperate!!

Is there anyone out there who can help me? I am desperate. On 07/11/2013 my emails started to pop right back into my inbox after deleting.

I contacted Apple support in South Africa where I live and they advised me that this problem can only be solved by Apple support in the USA. I contacted Apple Support USA and the case was passed on to a senior advisor. The lady did not even bother to give me her contact numbers nor a case number. After a week of trying I got her contact details from another senior advisor at Apple. Called her back with the case number which she registered but never bothered to pass on to me. Well, I am not here to ***** and moan after more than three months of trying to get this Senior advisor to simply do what she should do and provide customer service so let's look at my problem:

When the problem first occurred on Thu 2013/11/07 03:07 PM I called Apple Support South Africa.

Apple Support South Africa asked me to work through the settings on my devices with them. We then did the following:

ICloud - Account - Advanced - Mail - Advanced - Set Deleted Mailbox to TRASH - Mark (Move Deleted Messages into) to Deleted Mailbox - Set Deleted Messages to after one day: This had no effect except for the fact that my device now only displayed one days worth of emails in my Inbox after being deleted. The operator then asked me to:

ICloud - Delete Account: We did this on both my IPad and IPhone. I was then told to switch both devices to FLIGHT MODE. After that I had to log into my ICloud account via a Windows computer

In my ICloud account (via the Windows computer) I had to select the messages in my Inbox and then press DELETE. The messages deleted, but after pressing refresh they all popped back into my Inbox

They then asked me to check and copies of the mails in my inbox were now in my Trash folder as well.

I was than told to empty the trash folder, Refresh the page and make sure that the trash is empty, which it was

We repeated the delete procedure in the inbox as described above (3). The mails came right back after deleting them

I was told to send my devices to IStore in Cape Town so that they can check them out. One week later I got the devices back with the problem unsolved.

Apple South Africa then told me that the problem is with ICloud and that they do not have access to it. I was given the contact number for Apple Support USA

I called Apple Support USA and the person who first helped me went through all the steps as described in points 1 & 2 above even though I told him that this was done by myself and then done again at Apple IStore in South Africa. When that failed I was passed on to a senior advisor for support who then went through the same steps with me before she said that the case will be passed on to a engineer.

Not being able to get a hold of the senior advisor after a week of waiting I contacted Apple support again. I was put through to Another senior advisor. I told him that I never received a case number or an email address from the first advisor. He then tried to get the problem sorted out, but since the case was still open with the first senior advisor he could not do anything. He then sent me all the details for the first advisor and that is the first time I got a hold of her after our very first conversation.

In the mean time I tracked down an IT engineer who used to work for Apple with 15 years experience. He checked everything and came to the conclusion that the mail which came in on Thu 2013/11/07 03:07 PM was corrupted and this is what is blocking the system. The solution would be for Apple to delete all the mails from my inbox directly on the server. This has to be done by an Apple engineer since it can only be solved from the SP side.

I then spoke to the senior advisor (telepathically and via email) requesting that Apple delete all the mails from my Inbox. She confirmed that this will be done within 24 hours. 25 Days later and nothing have been done????

Where do I take this from here?

Please if there is anyone out there who can help, I am desperate. I now have thousands of mails in my inbox and the Apple Support lady is ignoring my cries for help like a stop street.

The case number is: 55609126

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, IPhone 5 with IOS7.0.4

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 9:55 AM

There are no replies.

Email not deleting, please-please-please help if you can!! Desperate!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.