Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have OS X version 10.5.8 on a MacBook Pro. What do i need to do to upgrade to the latest?

I need to know what i need to do to update my MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 10:06 AM

2 replies

Jan 9, 2014 10:11 AM in response to JingICC

Assuming you currently have the 10.5.8 Combo update loaded (if not Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update )

First, check that your machine is suitable for Snow Leopard. It needs to be a Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Double check by reading the specs.

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard -Read the Technical Specifications

This is a paid upgrade not a download. To buy the DVD, if you are from the USA go to …

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard.

In Europe or otherwise substitute your national code in place of /us above.

In the UK see … Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (UK)

Before you start upgrading, back up your files. If you are unsure how best to do this, the following link is hugely informative. Most commonly used backup methods: Apple Support Communities

Once you have upgraded to Snow Leopard, if your upgrade took you to 10.6.3 you will need to apply the Combo updater. Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 and follow with software updates to pick up the most recent security and iTunes updates.

The next step is Mavericks ... if your machine can take it.

Apple - OS X Mavericks - Read the technical specifications.

I have OS X version 10.5.8 on a MacBook Pro. What do i need to do to upgrade to the latest?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.