Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else have data overages with their new phone, even with the LTE being shut off

I have upgraded to the iphone 5s about 3-4 months ago, and my data usuage has gone up and over within 2 weeks of the billing cycle. with my old iphone it never went over the 4g limit, and that was with nike + and pandora running apps loaded [im a runner and have done this with 3 half marathons in one month plus additional miles]. i am now afraid to even use pandora for an hour on my phone. I have turned off as many things as possible to lighten up the data usage, ie LTE is off, and so is a lot of location servces and background app refresh. i still cant figure out why im reaching my max data usuage so quickly when i am using it 80% less than i use to.

is anyone else having similar issues and has anyone found a solution to this?

i have also done a factory reset on my iphone to see if it helps at all - since, that is apples answer to everything.

Message was edited by: swongbomb

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 11:26 AM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2014 2:47 PM in response to swongbomb

I've seen this, as well, on an iPhone 4s. Eventually the high-data-usage went away, seemingly on it's own (and after calling AT&T a couple of times to get the overage removed from my bill).

Having said that, one thing to check is to turn "Documents & Data" off... Settings>iCloud>Documents & Data. I'm thinking this can push and pull a lot of data to/from iCloud very quickly. Photos under iCloud might do the same...

Hope this helps...

Bob

Is anyone else have data overages with their new phone, even with the LTE being shut off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.