Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro can't find Canon MG6350 via wifi

Macbook Pro purchased earlier this year and running OS X (10.9.1) can no longer find my new Canon MG6350 printer via wifi. Printer can also not be found by other new Macbook Pro, iPad Air or iPhones.

I have reset Canon printer, Macbook Pro printer system, downloaded latest drivers, tried inputing Canon printer IP address. Nothing works permanently. I temporary resolved issue by re-enabling Boujour on Canon printer settings, which magically allowed printer to appear on all devices, but this "fix" has now stopped working. Can also see all devices on BT Home Hub 3 when logged in as administrator.

I can print via USB, but want wifi printing to work. Very frustrated, as it worked brilliantly before latest OS X / iOS upgrades. Any suggestions or help appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Canon MG6350 Printer

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 1:27 PM

9 replies

Jan 10, 2014 5:37 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Thank you for your interest Clinton.

Yes of course the printer connected to the wifi network. I can see all devices including the printer when logged on as Administrator on the BT Home Hub. I have also reset the Hub itself several times and reconnected all devices.

Note that I had no problem setting up the printer and all devices wirelessly on the network previously, and that this exact setup was working for months brilliantly and without issue until roughly the time I upgraded to the latest releases of OS and iOS on all my Apple devices.

I have also reset the printer to its factory setting several times, reconnected all devices to the network numerous times and have spent roughly four hours trying everything I can think of on both the printer and Mac to no avail. Hence my post. And yes all devices have the latest drivers as indicated by Apple and Canon.

Jan 10, 2014 7:27 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

By "see", I mean the printer is logged into and connected to my wifi network. It has been connected to my wifi network using the printer's manual setup mode and the associated wifi router password. I have done this numerous times during my four hours (and counting) of troubleshootign.

As such, I am as confident as I can be that the printer has been correctly setup and installed on the network. This is not the first wifi network that I have set up and the system was previously working fine for at least several months under the exact same set-up. Save for the different Apple OS and iOS, of course.

Sep 1, 2015 9:42 AM in response to LDN12

Hi,

I have had this problem with a MacBook Air. You may have given up by now, but if not... This might help:

Whenever the printer has a wired connection to the router, the MacBook air can see it when adding the printer, but always fails to connect thereafter.

If I switch to the printer to use a wireless connection to the router, then the MacBook Air sees it and can connect. The connection is slightly intermittent but it does work most of the time. I have had more success on this score by reserving the IP address in the router.

This might not be your problem, but the symptoms you described are exactly the same as the symptoms I experienced.

Good luck.

Macbook Pro can't find Canon MG6350 via wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.