Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a new phone

I am getting a new phone today but first I want to put all of the stuff on my phone now, on to my computer...When I get my new phone I want to put that stuff back on my new phone...how do I do that?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 1:25 PM

Hi esherret,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Transfering is really easy. Simply backup the information on your iPhone to your computer or iCloud using iTunes. When you get the new phone, simply plug it in to your computer, and iTunes will ask if you want to import the backup to your new iPhone. Once that is done, erase your old phone. Now you can finish setting up your new iPhone and enjoy it.

Have Fun!

-Marcus

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2014 1:25 PM in response to esherret

Hi esherret,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Transfering is really easy. Simply backup the information on your iPhone to your computer or iCloud using iTunes. When you get the new phone, simply plug it in to your computer, and iTunes will ask if you want to import the backup to your new iPhone. Once that is done, erase your old phone. Now you can finish setting up your new iPhone and enjoy it.

Have Fun!

-Marcus

Getting a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.