Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WSJ app using up huge amount of memory capacity. How do I manage that?

I am trying to free up space on a 16G iPad 2 and noticed that the WSJ app is using a full 3.5 GB and my music is another 6. Can I reduce these usages right on the iPad. Thanks

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 2:19 PM

5 replies

Jan 10, 2014 11:13 AM in response to Bonesaw1962

I am not trying to delete the WSJ app, I am just trying to figure out how to have it use less memory. I think its because the "Start Screen" stores a week's worth of back issues as well as special sections. I guess I am saying I would like to run the journal app with it showing only the current day edition. Make sense?

May 8, 2014 8:41 AM in response to TabahM

I have the same issue. That is the only aspect of the app I HATE!! Contacted WSJ today and they said:

"unfortunately your app is not adjustable when it comes to memory space. We have designed the App this way so subscribers can save a lot off issues and articles."

That is absurd to be designed this way and to waste so much of our precious space.

Jul 28, 2015 7:21 AM in response to S Rick M

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous they haven't changed this design. Basically the only way I've found to deal with the problem is to delete the app, and re-download. That obviously removes all downloaded editions. The Washington Post app, while it is always "online" allows you to download the print edition which is great if you're getting on a plane. But it does have a setting where it you can "Clear App Data" and removes downloads. Amazing WSJ doesn't have this feature.

WSJ app using up huge amount of memory capacity. How do I manage that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.