Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to back up my iPhone to my computer and it is wanting me to authorize my computer for an account that is not mine nor has ever been used on my phone. :tlwhitacre@verizon.net

My phone has never been stolen, this is not an account that belongs to anyone that I know. I have backed it up previously with no problems. I looked around and saw where a few other people had this same issue with the same email, tlwhitacre@verizon.net, but I could not find where anyone was able to come up with a reason or solution to the problem.

So a few questions that can hopefully be answered for everyone with this problem:

Does anyone know what caused this?

Will I lose any of my data since I can not authorize it?

Is this a type of virus that I need to be worried about my information that is on my phone?

<Email Edited by Host>

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 2:25 PM

1 reply

I am trying to back up my iPhone to my computer and it is wanting me to authorize my computer for an account that is not mine nor has ever been used on my phone. :tlwhitacre@verizon.net

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.