Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separating Photos and Videos in Aperture 3

I am on the ongoing project of getting all of my hundreds of GB of photos/videos organized. On my external drive, I have created a folder "Digital Pictures" and all of my referenced images are all nice and organized just the way I want them. However, most of my projects also have videos in them, so there is no easy way to ONLY look at my videos. What I want to do is on my external create "garrettborden>Videos>2014"..etc. Is there an easy way to separate all of my videos in Aperture and move them to this new folder on my external drive (I am a very organized person!)?

I am also wondering if it would be better to just keep all of my photos in Aperture, and all videos in iMovie? This is all so confusing with 800+ GB of media. I have been wanting to organize this for a LONG time. There are just so many questions I have and I know that they are probably very easy fixes!

If there is any better way to do this or if anyone has any good suggestions for how I should go about this, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Aperture Questions

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 3:19 PM

2 replies

Jan 10, 2014 12:35 AM in response to gborden08

Hi Garrett.

Just the same way you did for the pictures.

Select 'Photos' in the Library inspector to show everything.

Then go to the filter/search at the top right of the viewer and add a filter for "File Type" "Is" "Video". this will reduce the full list to just the video.

CMD+A to select them all, then "File->Relocate Originals" like you did before.

If you only want the folder For /2014<event> rather than /2014/01/<event> change the Subfolder Format preset like before but exclude the "Month" from the format line.

Andy

Separating Photos and Videos in Aperture 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.