Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue connecting Time Capsule to sky router.

Hi all please could you help, I have just purchased a new 2TB time capsule and I'm having trouble setting it up. I'm using my IMac to set up the TC and when asked to connect my router to the TC using the Ethernet cable it seemed the TC couldn't detect the connection as it continued to ask me to make the connection. The TC seems to be working using the airport on the iMac so I'm not to sure whats going on. Any help would be great fully appreciated.

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 3:41 PM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2014 3:54 PM in response to Lew_jd

When you plug in ethernet the connectivity lights should come on.. both on the TC and the sky router.. is that happening??

Assuming the lights are on.. do you best to complete the setup .. don't worry too much if it picks the wrong setup.. we can fix it manually at the end.

If it simply refuses to connect.. plug an ethernet from the Mac to the LAN port of the TC.. does the ethernet light come on??

Make absolutely sure IPv6 is set correctly..

It needs to be set to link local to work.. automatic is not correct.. off will not work.

Check both ethernet and wireless to ensure ipv6 is link local.

Issue connecting Time Capsule to sky router.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.