Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the Podcast synchronization doesn't work

I'm really tired.

This is the third time that iTunes canceled the registrations to the Podcast. This time are missing all the Podcasts that was empty at that time.

In addition there is any way to synchronize to my device among them:

- If I listen to my podcasts on my Mac, all devices are updated

- If I listen to my podcasts on the device (iphone or ipad) on my Mac does not update

I tried all possible configurations, it is impossible to synchronize devices between them

Is a defect in the application or can someone please help me?

And if it is a flaw why still is not settled?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 3:54 PM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2014 10:24 AM in response to leo1965

I have not had canceled subscriptions but I was having a simelar problem with syncing. I was listening to podcasts in the phone app and assuming that after listening to the enitre episode, it would marked as 'listened to'.

However in iTunes, the same podcast episodes were stacking up as new or partially listened to. This may have been made worse by the fact that I only sync my phone every few weeks these days.

Then when I synced my phone, I would get all these old podcast episodes copied back onto my phone that I had already finished listening to.

The work around I found was to mark the old podcasts as listened to on the phone, then refresh the podcasts lists in the app and in itunes. The old podcast episodes would then get deleted / cleaned up. Or conversely, mark the old episodes as listened to in itunes so it does not waste time copying them back onto the phone in the first place..

Thank you for your courage.

Why the Podcast synchronization doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.