Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In a group text with two phones that use Imessage and one that does not. The person that does not, does not get my message when its sent in group text. How do i fix this?

I have a group text with two of my friends. here's each person break down

person 1 ATT network, using imessage

person 2 verzion network, using imessage

person 3 verzion network, using SMS

All three of us are in a group chat. When person 1 sends a message, person 2 recieves it, but person 3 does not. Then when person 3 sends a message, both person 1 and 2 get it. When person 2 sends an Imessage, person 1 and 3 get it

so the problem is when person 1 sends an imessage, it doesnt change to sms and person 3 doesnt get it, but person 2's automatilly switches it to green.

How can person one get their phone to automaticlly switch it to green in group message while keeping on imessage?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 4:29 PM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2014 2:37 PM in response to wade139

The quote below from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5760 indicates that it in the situation you describe it should be going as MMS to everyone -- which is not what you are seeing actually happen (and also not what you want to happen if I understand correctly). There may be something else helpful in the link.

Group messages will be sent using iMessage if all recipients have iMessage enabled. If not, the conversation will be sent as MMS. Group messages use MMS even if the content is text only.

In a group text with two phones that use Imessage and one that does not. The person that does not, does not get my message when its sent in group text. How do i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.