Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable iCloud? *Legitimately Purchased and Legitimately *******

Hello people of the interwebs. I recently purchased an iPhone 4 AT&T White from Craigslist. Let me start off by saying that it is trashed, and is missing a home button. When I first bought it, the person from whom I bought it remote wiped it when we met, but the phone died just after they pressed the button in iCloud to wipe the device. Neither of us had much time, so I paid her and we went our seperate ways.

Since I have a 5S, I bought this in November to fix up and give to a family member. However, when I charged it up a few days before Christmas, I waited for it to restore... and waited... and waited... and nothing. When I updated it to 7.0.4, I skipped the screen that asked for their passcode for iCloud. Now it pops up asking for a code so that I can use iCloud, and it pops up every like 3 seconds. I checked and Find My iPhone is still enabled and their wipe still hasn't gone into effect. I've contacted them and the person said that it is no longer showing up on their account.

My question is: Why isnt it wiping the phone, and is there a way to restore without a password and without a home button? DFU wont work since there is no home button and Sttings/iTunes restore doesnt work because I dont have the passcode to the account.

Please, I need help.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Antiglare Display

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 6:32 PM

Return it and get your money back.

"Now it pops up asking for a code so that I can use iCloud, and it pops up every like 3 seconds."

I don't even know what you're referring to. What EXACLY is the message you're getting?

It sounds to me like you're pretty much hosed.

I have no idea why you'd even bother to pay for an iPhone 4 that was busted up that badly. You can get a brand new 4S on contract for free...

If you can't get a refund, then maybe you should take the broken phone in to your local Apple Store and see if you can get an out of warranty replacement for $149.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2014 6:32 PM in response to Dadasmithywinkle

Return it and get your money back.

"Now it pops up asking for a code so that I can use iCloud, and it pops up every like 3 seconds."

I don't even know what you're referring to. What EXACLY is the message you're getting?

It sounds to me like you're pretty much hosed.

I have no idea why you'd even bother to pay for an iPhone 4 that was busted up that badly. You can get a brand new 4S on contract for free...

If you can't get a refund, then maybe you should take the broken phone in to your local Apple Store and see if you can get an out of warranty replacement for $149.

How to disable iCloud? *Legitimately Purchased and Legitimately *******

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.