Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Button Stuck, Screen Freezes, Apps won't turn on, ETC.

Please Understand, I am an apple customer, I buy apple technology, and I purchase from the app and music store.

I am very unhappy with the service and technology Apple has provided me with. I am 15 years old and I don't have a phone to communicate with, only an iPod because my parents are of the older generation and don't think young people should have phones. So I guess I'm **** out of luck until I'm 17. So instead of having a phone, I bought and ipod touch 4g so I could use Kik, Snapchat, TextFree, and listen to my music as well. I have used multiple other Apple iPods, only to find out that every single one I got either got corrupted or would just out of the blue stop working. Just recently, I found out how ****** the iPod screens are, my iPod screen dropped not even 2 feet and shattered. So I had my brother in law, who has a computer and technology business, replace my screen and put in a new one. After my screen was put in, my ipod was completely fine. Had no issues and no cracks. But just 3 weeks ago my iPod power button somehow got stuck. I tried mutliple things to fix it, (even had my brother in law try) and we found that there is no way to fix it, AND I found out that the price to pay to fix a stupid power button was $99.00. By the way, paying to get a lousy power button fixed is ******* ridiculous, considering that making a piece of **** like this iPod, probably costs around half the price that it sells for AND is made in either China or Taiwan. Now I know I might get some pretty snobby *** comments about how I don't need an iPod because I'm just a little spoiled brat. Actually that statement is false, considering that I have to work to buy my own iPod. Now, instead of just writing a crap ton of useless words that I know alot of poeple won't read, I will just list the problems that I am having:

1. Power button is stuck and won't let me do anything. (No, I am not talking about the home button located and the bottom of the iPod)
    2. Apps ALWAYS crash and never let me do what I intend to do. (I don't know if that's because of the app manufacturers or not but my apps are all completely updated)
    3. My music on various occassions won't turn on.
    4. Whenever I try tapping on an app, it leads me to another app in which I don't need to get to.
    5. My keyboard on all occassions wigs out, (for example: when I tap the letter T my keyboard makes Tttttttttttt. I don't need that many T's, sorry)
    6. My camera is slow, and will not take pictures most of the time.
    7. My asssistive touch NEVER works.
    8. I have called Apple support and whenever I would get connected to a representative they wouldn't help me.
    9. The Apple support service *****.

As you can tell, I am not a very happy customer and I'm sure you wouldn't be either considering the fact that my iPod is basically toast, and a big waste of money. I know there are more things to worry about like cancer and whatever BUT this is a technoloical issue not a health issue so don't even try to play that card. If I could have any assistance regarding my issue, I would love to have help.

Thank you for taking your time to read my novel of an issue.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 7:00 PM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2014 7:16 PM in response to aliciarose98

I would recommend that you try backing up your iPod and wiping it clean. Once it is factory reset, restore your data onto it. This should solve your software-based issues.

Now, the stuff that happens, such as another app opening or the keyboard freaking out, if not fixed by the restore, are because of your replacement screen. Also, Apple is charging you $99 to repair the lock button because you have voided the warranty by breaking the device. Who knows? Maybe the drop or the repair caused the button to go out of wack.

Finally, it's cool that you work for your own stuff. I live in a lower middle class area in a lower middle class family and pay for all of my stuff as well. My MacBook Pro, my iPhone 5S, my iPad Air, etc. I know the pain of spending hard earned money. BTW, I'm only 17, and still in High School as well.

Anywho, let me know if the restore works, but as for the physical damage caused by you, you can't blame anyone but yourself for that. I wish you luck.

Power Button Stuck, Screen Freezes, Apps won't turn on, ETC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.