Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes reloading tv shows I've deleted from my ipad

Ipad 2, iOS7, latest mac os (mavericks), os and itunes and everything totally up to date.

I delete a show from my ipad after watching it. These are shows I've bought from the itunes store. Next time I sync the shows get reloaded onto my ipad. I've tried deleting them again and agfain, both in the videos app on the ipad and in the settings>general>usage section. Same thing keeps happening. This is getting maddening.

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 8:05 PM

6 replies

Jan 9, 2014 9:55 PM in response to sduck409

Don't do it that way. If you want to delete an iTunes item off your iPad, plug your iPad and ask iTunes to unsync that item for the next sync. For example, you have the movie "Iron Man" synced to your iPad from your computer. To delete it, plug your iPad in. Go to the iPad window and go to the Movies tab. Uncheck "Iron Man" from the list of movies. Click sync.

Jan 9, 2014 10:11 PM in response to sduck409

You need to tell iTunes to stop syncing hte TV shows back onto your iPad. There are at least two ways to do this.

• iTunes > Preferences... > General > Show list checkboxes on. Then select your iPad and check "Sync only checked songs and videos". Then uncheck the TV shows you don't want, and sync.
  • Select your iPad and click TV Shows. Adjust your settings there accordingly.

itunes reloading tv shows I've deleted from my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.