Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 4 turned itself off and won't come back one - Lock button doesnt work on the phone -

So I got a text and pulled my phone out to look at it. I swiped the screen to unlock it and it froze up then turned itself off. The lock button has been broken for quite some time now so i can't do the lock+home button trick. normally i would plug my phone into the charger and it would wor again but it hasn't. and when my friend attempted to call me it dialed through and rung on his phone but my phone did not ring nor vibrate. please if there is any way to fix this please help me, i dont think its under warranty and its not water damaged. my laptop just broke the other day too so now i have to replace that as well. please if there is anyway, even if i have to open it up, please help. thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4, lock button doeesnt work

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 1:04 AM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2014 7:17 PM in response to Grant127

This happened to me yesterday. This probably isn't any use to you now, but for others with this question. This morning I took the back off of my phone, and I took the battery out and plugged it in to my laptop. It immediately lit up. We put the battery back in and restored it and it works better than ever. Not sure if this will work for all, but it worked for me!

My Iphone 4 turned itself off and won't come back one - Lock button doesnt work on the phone -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.