Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Smart cover Damages ipad mini's SPEAKERS ?

HI am from India,

I was using a Smart cover since 7 Months. It was iOS 6 when i started using it Now i Updated my iPad mini to iOS 7 and i experienced the Distortion in Left Speaker everytime whenever i use to restart my Device & Destortion was use to clear automatically when i restarted device again. So i was just curious about this. So i just want to know is there any relation between Smart cover's Magnet and the speakers ?

Note :I dont know the Smart cover is Original Or Duplicate.I restored iOS 7 from service center and now theres not problem YET. So now i was just thinking wether i use smart cover Or not ?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 6:02 AM

7 replies

Jan 10, 2014 8:17 AM in response to Nrnmad

An easy way to tell if the cover is affecting your speakers is to remove it and use the device as you normally do. If the cover is/was indeed affecting your device's speakers, then you'll get no distortion and continue to get no distortion. Then go back and use the device with the cover again to see if you again get the distortion. Do this "with cover"/"without cover" a few times to verify. This is also known as "the process of elimination". 😉

If the cover is causing the issue (not likely in my opinion), your ultimate solution is to get a new cover.

Can Smart cover Damages ipad mini's SPEAKERS ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.