Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, can someone help me: my eMac G4 700 MHz. I can not boot it. If he starts appears on the screen, only a small "folder with a question mark." The Mac was not used 1 year. Question 1: Problem = hard drive? Question 2: Problem = PRAM battery? the What

Hello, can someone help me: my eMac G4 700 MHz. I can not boot it. If he starts appears on the screen, only a small "folder with a question mark." The Mac was not used 1 year.

Question 1: Problem = hard drive?

Question 2: Problem = PRAM battery?

the

What can I do to boot?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5), eMac-G4, 15", 700 MHz

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 7:32 AM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2014 8:22 AM in response to fojucik

Restart with the Option key held down.

If the internal drive shows up, it's the PRAM battery.

If it doesn't, insert a compatible Mac OS 9 or X install disk, click the button with the circular arrow, and either repair the internal drive or install a new OS on it. If it doesn't show up in Disk First Aid(9) or the Disk Utility(X), it's either not plugged in or needs to be replaced.

(97530)

Hello, can someone help me: my eMac G4 700 MHz. I can not boot it. If he starts appears on the screen, only a small "folder with a question mark." The Mac was not used 1 year. Question 1: Problem = hard drive? Question 2: Problem = PRAM battery? the What

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.