Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.1 RENDER FILES KEEP DISAPPEARING

I keep having an issue where when I restart FCPX I have to re-render items that were previously rendered in the timeline before I closed FCPX.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Shawn

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 9:24 AM

11 replies

Jan 10, 2014 9:55 AM in response to Russ H

I have noticed it on a few but not all projects. I'm trying to narrow down what is causing the problem. I have some projects that have been imported using the 7 to X app so I have to check to see if it happens to be from those projects specifically as well. I'll keep digging and see what I can find.

Thanks for your input Russ.

Shawn

Feb 9, 2014 12:43 AM in response to Maikell

Problem really makes me angry.

Deleted ALL Rendering FIles from Event (not only the UNUSED). Quit FCP X. Removed the application altogether. Deleted Caches and Preference Files. Ran PrefsManager from Digital Rebellion to remove other Prefs files (like Motion).

Downloaded a fresh version off the Mac AppStore. Opened my last used Library with Events and Projects. Rendered everything (always keep an eye on your embedded compound clips - they do not render automatically when you hit Shift-Ctrl-R in your timeline).

Quit FCP X and reopened. Guess what? Approx. 20% of the timeline show that orange bar. And - no - it doesn't update when you mouse over the corresponding clips in the timeline. Did a full render again. Quit and reopen. Again - parts of the timeline show the orange bar. Interestingly enaugh: they are different parts from what had been indicated before.

Don't know what to do. Keep FCP X open all the time? Doesn't sound like a solution to me and my MacBook (MBP Retina, 16 GB, 768 GB SSD, Mavericks 10.9.1, FCP X 10.1.1). Performed all the usual procedures like repairing rights, resetting PRAM, deleting Caches, even boot-up in Safe Mode - to no avail.

Jun 17, 2014 2:14 PM in response to ShawnFCP

Like Mavericks, Final Cut Pro X is great but full of bugs. I just ran into the same problem now... first time I see that. It took me 5 hours to render everything in order to play it in real time, and after playing with a little piece of audio, BAM!, orange bars everywhere (nothing to do with that piece of audio). Restart, even worst, now 95% of my timeline is to be re-render... not to say the other bug that occur when you try to copy and paste Distortion Effect Settings. Everything is messed up.

FCPX 10.1 RENDER FILES KEEP DISAPPEARING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.