Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my rented movies sync to my iPad?

I have rented movies within iTunes on my laptop and apparently synced them through iTunes to my ipad. They show up on itunes as being on my ipad but I cannot find them anywhere on my ipad. Neither in Videos, spotlight, or under purchases in iTunes. When syncing the purple video bar in iTunes increases for a brief time and then goes back down again nearly instantly, so that it is clear that nothing was actually synced.

I have checked that my Home Sharing is set to the same e-mail on both devices and I have tried rebooting the ipad after closing the video app on the iPad. I am up-to-date on all my OS and iOS. Both movies are HD but that should work on my ipad. Any suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 11:11 AM

1 reply

Jan 12, 2014 12:59 PM in response to grudnick

Hey grudnick,

First, I would make sure you're moving the rental from your computer to the iPad using the following steps:

1. Connect the device and select it in iTunes.
  2. Click the Movies button.
  3. Select the movie, and then click Move.
  4. After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower-right corner of iTunes.

You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.

After you transfer a rental, it is removed from your iTunes library.

from: How to rent a movie from the iTunes Store on your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1390

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Have a good one,

Delgadoh

Why won't my rented movies sync to my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.