Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using FCPX 10.1 the slider at the bottom of the time line is now black, hard to find and doesn't stay visible long enough

After upgrading to Mavericks and FCPX 10.1 I am a bit frustrated at some of the new changes, but, one in particular is the fact that the "slider" at the bottom of the time line is very hard to find and keep, this makes editing difficult at best and very time consuming, any ideas on how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 11:48 AM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2014 7:04 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I'm having the same problem in FCPX Version 10.1.1. I can't find the Slider anymore, at all.

I also can't find the path referred to above 'General system preferences slider behavior'.

What I have found is that if you set the cursor to 'Hand' by pressing 'H' you can then hold down the left mouse button and drag the timeline window in either direction. Frustratingly a small black slider appears at the bottom of the timeline but as soon as you finish dragging it disappears again. Press 'A' to go back to the normal select mode. Hmm - so what used to be done with one mouse action now takes the same mouse action and two button presses. Oh well. At least I get there in the end.

Any other offerings/shortcuts gratefully received.

Using FCPX 10.1 the slider at the bottom of the time line is now black, hard to find and doesn't stay visible long enough

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.