Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee Reporter

I picked up 'McAfee Reporter' when I had BT Broadband and although I have removed all BT/McAfee app's, I can't get 'McAfee Reporter' out of my Menu Bar/Activity Monitor. I can't identify the app to delete it.. Any help?😊

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 1:09 PM

System Preferences>System>Users & Groups>Login Items - delete the BT item from there. Note the file mappings, go to the folders & trash the items from there too. Empty the trash.

User uploaded file

13 replies

Jan 12, 2014 1:08 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

McAfee reporter or anything BT, does not appear in the Login Items, therefore no file mappings. When clicking on McAfee icon in menu bar a drop down with 'McAfee Internet Security Consol and 'McAfee Internet Security Preferences'. When clicking on either of these I get a message requesting a program to use? This is possibly indicating that I have removed the controlling program/App for the reporter. Recently reinstalled HDD from scratch(Genius session)and from Time Machine backup due to some mysterious anomaly following Mavericks installation, so McAfee reporter was reintroduced from my backup. Although I don't believe it's doing anything, it's annoying to see the icon in my menu all the time..

Feb 3, 2014 8:54 AM in response to circulair

circulair@,

I was in London for almost four years attending law school (King's College). I loved living in the UK and London in particular. SO MUCH TO DO!!! As an added bonus there was always snooker on late night television (I never learned how to play snooker - it just looked boring to me). I was determined that I was going to make the UK my home but an unforeseen tragedy struck here back home and I had to come back to the states.

OK, I guess that's enough off-topic reminiscing!

Clinton

Feb 3, 2014 10:33 AM in response to circulair

Regarding my previous posting of "Jan 10, 2014 4:09 PM," check for the login item "McAfee Reporter" and/or anything w/the name "McAfee." Delete them all.

Use Spotlight and/or a 3rd party search app (I personally use FindFile) to look for all files showing the name "McAfee" & delete the items. Repair permissions and restart your comp. Empty the trash. Please post back the results.

User uploaded file

McAfee Reporter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.